Health and Wellbeing Conference - 2 to 4 August 2011
The evaluation report of this exciting conference is now available.
The conference celebrated the way sport and physical activity can enhance young people's lives and was held on the eve of the International Children's Games in Lanarkshire.
Involving speakers from Canada, Africa, the Middle East and Europe - together with home-grown talent including athletes, sports photographers, coaches and volunteers, the three day event culminated with the Games opening ceremony on Thursday 4 August.
The draft conference programme is available to download in PDF format.
The conference created a dialogue on issues affecting young people today such as sport, active citizenship and wellbeing. Everyone who attended had a very active part to play through:
- informal education learning workshops and lectures on a variety of topics
- being fully involved in sharing your experience through case studies, role play or poster presentations
- taking part in sessions that encourage lively interaction between young people, experts and decision makers
- South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture
- North Lanarkshire Leisure
- South Lanarkshire Council
- North Lanarkshire Council
- ISCA- International Sport and Culture Association
- SALSC - Scottish Association of Local Sports Councils
- European City of Sport
- NHS Lanarkshire
- University of West of Scotland
- The Scottish Government
- The Glasgow Science Centre
- Life Fitness
- Flames- Loughborough College and the British Heart Foundation